Charity is held to be the ultimate perfection of the human spirit, because it is said to both glorify and reflect the nature of God. Confusion can arise from the multiple meanings of the English word “love”. The love that is caritas.
You May Also Like
The Violence Against Women Act first passed in 1994. The original bill provided for the following:
- Enhanced sentencing for repeat federal sex offenders
- Restitution to victims of certain federal crimes
- Grants for state, local, and tribal law enforcement to investigate and prosecute violent crimes against women.
- Immigration provisions for victims
- Grants for domestic violence and sexual assault prevention, youth education programs, and community organizations providing intervention and prevention programming
- Requirements for the USPS to ensure the locations of shelters remains confidential
- Federal research on violence against women
- Special research
Adjusting to social distancing isn’t the only change happening with volunteering at the SOH right now, but it is a change that has revealed how dedicated our volunteers are to supporting survivors. This month, we sat down with Lisa and Camille to talk about how volunteering is adapting, and to share some exciting news.
Please introduce yourselves.
Camille: My name is Camille Rodrigues. My pronouns are she/her/hers; they is cool too. I’m the Volunteer Training and Hotline Manager.
My daily tasks include communicating with volunteers, recruiting new volunteers, interviewing them,